August 1, 2021

White woman apologizes after alleging black child, 9, assaulted her in New York store

first_imgJason Littlejohn(NEW YORK) — A community meeting was called Monday to address the firestorm that erupted in one Brooklyn, New York, neighborhood after a white woman claimed to have been sexually assaulted by a 9-year-old black boy as she shopped in a corner store.On Wednesday, video taken by a resident captured Teresa Klein apparently on the phone with a 911 operator after she claimed the child had grabbed her butt inside the store.“That’s right. Her son grabbed my a–,” Klein could be heard saying on her cellphone. “And, she [the mother] decided to yell at me. There are security cameras in this bodega.”The young boy and his sister, dressed in school uniforms and carrying shopping bags, could be seen and heard crying and calling for their mother as she and other customers and residents tried to address Klein’s accusations.“‘Cornerstore Caroline,’ that’s what that is,” one person could be heard saying on the video. “Don’t cry, little man.”Klein also claimed that she called the police because the child’s mother was aggressive.“I felt someone grab my a–. I said, ‘Don’t touch my a–.’ The woman flew at me, claimed she was a police officer, threatened to arrest me and I called 911,” Klein told ABC affiliate WABC-TV. On Friday, Klein returned to the store, as residents and local media stood by, to finally watch the surveillance video. Footage from inside the store showed the boy’s book bag grazing Klein’s butt. His hands, which did not touch her, were in plain sight on surveillance video.Klein later apologized on video to the boy after seeing the footage. The child and his family have not yet been identified.“Young man, I don’t know your name but I’m sorry,” she said.The hashtag “Cornerstore Caroline” lit up on social media almost immediately after a video of Klein watching the surveillance footage was released. The video was taken by a man named Jason Littlejohn, who posted it Facebook.Littlejohn encouraged people to “make this go viral” in his post. As of Monday, the video had been viewed nearly 8 million times.“She basically said I’m calling the cops on you. She didn’t say the mom or anybody else. She said I’m calling the cops on you and that poor, little boy, man. Wherever he is, whoever he is, hopefully there is millions of people that, they want to help him out,” Littlejohn told WABC-TV.Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams planned a community meeting at the store about the incident for Monday.“We’re definitely going to make a movement out here,” Littlejohn said in a Facebook post Sunday. “We’re going to stop people — I will say, people — from dialing 911 unnecessarily…It’s gotta stop, people…We will not let this continue to happen.”Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.last_img read more

Posted in imhkkemzctboTagged ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Leave a Comment on White woman apologizes after alleging black child, 9, assaulted her in New York store

AG-elect makes appointments

first_img AG-elect makes appointments January 1, 2003 Regular News AG-elect makes appointmentscenter_img Attorney General-elect Charlie Crist recently announced the first appointments to the team that will manage the operations of the Attorney General’s Office and the Department of Legal Affairs.In addition to the appointment of new managers, some current staff members were re-appointed.“I am excited by the quality of individuals who are willing to serve the public,” Crist said. “We are assembling an experienced, diverse team of talented leaders who aggressively will represent the interests of our clients — the people of Florida.”The appointments include: • George S. LeMieux, deputy attorney general and chief of staff. • Melinda M. Miguel, inspector general. • Allison K. Bethel, re-appointed director of civil rights. • JoAnn Carrin, director of communications. • Patricia R. Gleason re-appointed general counsel specializing in Florida’s Government-in-the-Sunshine Law. • Jerry L. McDaniel, responsible for areas including administrative services and information systems. • Kent J. Perez, re-appointed chief cabinet aide. • Betsy Seidel, senior executive assistant to the AG. • Robert J. Sparks, director of External Affairs. • Carolyn Snurkowski, re-appointed director of Criminal Appeals and Capital Collateral.last_img read more

Posted in oqncgsaocypuTagged ,,,,,,,,,,,Leave a Comment on AG-elect makes appointments

Dubs don’t fancy “Trip to Tipp”

first_imgDublin County Board aren’t happy that their Round 2 All Ireland hurling qualifier with Tipperary has been fixed for Thurles this Saturday.It’s understood Dublin have contacted the Central Competition Control Committee for a review of the decision.County board Chairman Sean Shanley describes it as a terrible decision which amounts to an insult to Dublin hurling. Photo © Tipp FM However Tipp FM Sports editor Stephen Gleeson says the Dubs can’t have it both ways.Former Dublin hurler Conal Keaney doesn’t agree with holding thegame in Semple.Keaney says the Premier should not have home advantage in such a big game.Throw-in is at 5 o’clock in Semple Stadium on Saturday evening with full live coverage here on Tipp FM.That will be followed at 7 by the clash of Kilkenny and Waterford.last_img read more

Posted in ansjcxnqjiidTagged ,,,,,,,,,,,Leave a Comment on Dubs don’t fancy “Trip to Tipp”

Appeal for help after hearing aid lost in beach car park

first_imgA lost and found appeal is underway after a Donegal beach visitor lost a hearing aid.The man was visiting Murvagh Beach in South Donegal on Wednesday 15th May when he lost both of his hearing devices in the first car parking section.He returned a number of times but was only able to locate one hearing aid. Now he is hoping that a kind member of the public may have found the missing one and would like to return it.If you have any information or have seen anything in the past week, please contact Ger on 0044 7596 136 876Appeal for help after hearing aid lost in beach car park was last modified: May 24th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:hearing aidlost and foundMurvagh Beachlast_img read more

Posted in kmvwgibemcuiTagged ,,,,,,,,,Leave a Comment on Appeal for help after hearing aid lost in beach car park

Warriors mailbag: What to make of Warriors’ loss to Toronto

first_imgDETROIT — The Warriors’ 131-128 overtime loss to the Toronto Raptors on Thursday did not serve as an NBA Finals preview. Instead, it highlighted a few realities.The Warriors (15-8) will become significantly better once Stephen Curry returns for Saturday’s game against the Detroit Pistons (11-7) after missing the past 11 games with a strained left groin. Ditto for whenever Draymond Green (right toe), DeMarcus Cousins (left Achilles) and Alfonzo McKinnie (left ankle) return. Kevin Durant is an …last_img read more

Posted in kuzthconmoxgTagged ,,,,,,,,,Leave a Comment on Warriors mailbag: What to make of Warriors’ loss to Toronto

Roque says Vicente left UE for ‘personal reasons’

first_imgJohn Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding Families in US enclave in north Mexico hold sad Thanksgiving AFP official booed out of forum It was the end of an unfruitful era for University of the East when former head coach Francis Vicente left.ADVERTISEMENT Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Google honors food scientist, banana ketchup inventor and war hero Maria Orosa Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games PLAY LIST 00:59Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games00:50Trending Articles01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MOST READ LATEST STORIEScenter_img Taking his place, in an interim basis, is the school’s athletic director Rod Roque who had his first match in the UAAP Season 80 women’s volleyball tournament against Far Eastern University Saturday at Filoil Flying V Centre.Roque, who won eight straight titles as head coach of the UE boys’ volleyball team, said Vicente left the Lady Warriors for “personal reasons.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSLillard, Anthony lead Blazers over ThunderSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout“Coach Francis, I know deep within him why he left,” said Roque in Filipino after their loss to the Lady Tamaraws, 25-20, 25-17, 24-26, 25-22. “He left personally, he just told us that he would be leaving due to ‘personal reasons.’”“When he said that, we didn’t even bother asking why. We respected his decision. When he said that it’s a personal reason that is what we will say to everyone. Let’s not dig into it.” Magnolia earns twice-to-beat, pulls plug on Meralco’s playoff hopes Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC View comments Read Next LOOK: Iya Villania meets ‘Jumanji: The Next Level’ cast in Mexico Pussycat Dolls set for reunion tour after 10-year hiatus Vicente, a multi-titled coach with University of Santo Tomas in the high school division, was UE’s head coach for four years where he compiled a record of 2-45 and those two wins were both against Adamson University.Roque added he wants the Lady Warriors, who fell to a 0-6 hole, to move on from what happened in the past and try to improve on where they are in the UAAP landscape.“I told them ‘we move on’and whatever they experienced in the past let’s just move on,” said Roque. “I won’t change anything under coach Francis’ system because it’s been there for four years.”“What I’ll do is slowly inject my own system. We’ll be correcting our mistakes in the next few days and we will try to improve.”ADVERTISEMENTlast_img read more

Posted in jovrhsoqrepxTagged ,,,,,,,,,Leave a Comment on Roque says Vicente left UE for ‘personal reasons’

ICC gives minnows 2015 World Cup life-line

first_imgThe International Cricket Council gave a major life-line to non-Test playing nations hoping to compete in the next World Cup.Minnows like Ireland and the Netherlands had earlier been barred from the 2015 World Cup but the ICC, in a statement released on Monday, said its chief executives’ committee had recommended a qualifying process for the 2015 tournament, but didn’t specify how many teams would be part of it.Earlier, the ICC had decided to limit the 2015 World Cup, to be held in Australia and New Zealand, to the 10 full-member teams and in the process, excluded teams like Ireland, the Netherlands, Canada and Kenya. Ireland and the Netherlands had done very well in the 2011 World Cup and their exclusion did not go down well with many.”The CEC recommended that there should be a qualification process for the 2015 World Cup but did not make a recommendation to the ICC executive board on the number of teams that should compete in the event to be held in Australia and New Zealand,” the statement said following the ICC meeting in Hong Kong.ICC president Sharad Pawar had asked the governing body to reconsider the original move. Officials are said to be in favour of having 10 teams, but a qualifying tournament would give the non-Test playing teams a chance to play at the top level.The CEC also agreed to restrict elective powerplays in One- Day Internationals to the 16-40 over period of each innings. The two blocks of five-over Powerplays entail only two fielders outside the 30-yard circle.advertisementAlso, the use of two new balls per innings, one from each end, in ODIs has been mooted. These decisions could come into effect from October 1.ICC Chief Executive Haroon Lorgat said: “Even though the success of 50-over cricket played during the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 was universally acknowledged, the CEC rightly supported the enhancements recommended by the ICC Cricket Committee to strengthen the format further, including encouraging members to trial some specific innovations their domestic cricket.”The committee also approved recommendations regarding continuing the research into the use of different coloured balls in day/night Test matches and the directive that batsmen can be given out for obstructing the field if they change their direction when running between the wicket to block a run-out chance.One of the most interesting recommendations was the move to abolish runners in international cricket. It would be interesting to see if one ever gets to see a fighting century by a batsman hobbling one-leg, in the future.Key recommendations by ICCUsage of technology in decision-making in all Tests and ODIs. Research to be carried out into ball-tracking technology and its accuracyNumber of unsuccessful reviews in ODIs reduced from two to oneRestriction of the elective Powerplays to between the 16th and 40th overs of each inningsTwo new balls per innings – one from each end – in ODIsAbolish runners in international cricketlast_img read more

Posted in qmfvpfbeyiyvTagged ,,,,,,,,,Leave a Comment on ICC gives minnows 2015 World Cup life-line

10 months ago​Andone rallies Brighton for Liverpool upset

first_img​Andone rallies Brighton for Liverpool upsetby Ansser Sadiq10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveFlorin Andone wants to see Brighton give everything to win against Liverpool at the weekend.The Albion have never won against the Reds and they face off against the league leaders on Saturday.Andone wants to see a vintage performance and three points from the team.The 25-year-old has managed two goals for Brighton this season, in four starts and seven sub appearances.He said to The Argus: “You can be in the best moment and Liverpool can beat you 5-0.”We will try to do all the best for our fans and our families and we will try to win the game. We’ll see.” About the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Posted in oudqelbmqdfyTagged ,,,,,,,Leave a Comment on 10 months ago​Andone rallies Brighton for Liverpool upset

Tsakos Energy Prices New Share Offering

first_imgzoomIllustration. Image Courtesy: Pixabay under CC0 Creative Commons license Tanker operator Tsakos Energy Navigation (TEN) is looking to raise over USD 155 million as it announced the pricing of its public offering.TEN will issue 5.4 million Series F preferred shares at a price to the public of USD 25 per share.In connection with the offering, the company has granted the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase 810,000 additional shares, which, if exercised in full, would result in total gross proceeds of USD 155.25 million.The company informed that it intends to use the net proceeds from the offering for general corporate purposes, which may include making vessel acquisitions and/or strategic investments and preferred share redemptions.Dividends will be payable on the shares to July 30, 2028 at a fixed rate equal to 9.50% per annum and from July 30, 2028, if not redeemed, at a floating rate.Following the offering, TEN intends to file an application to list the shares on the New York Stock Exchange.The offering is expected to close on or about June 28, 2018.last_img read more

Posted in jovrhsoqrepxTagged ,,,,,,,,,Leave a Comment on Tsakos Energy Prices New Share Offering

UK Treasury chief says Brexit will hit the economy

first_imgLONDON — Britain’s Treasury chief says leaving the European Union on any terms will leave the economy worse off than remaining in the bloc.Philip Hammond says that “if you look at this purely from an economic point of view there will be a cost to leaving the European Union, because there will be impediments to our trade.”But he says a divorce deal agreed between the British government and the EU, which calls for continued close economic ties, will minimize the economic damage.The government and the Bank of England both plan to publish assessments Wednesday of the economic impact of Brexit under different scenarios.Prime Minister Theresa May is battling to persuade skeptical lawmakers to back the Brexit deal before Parliament votes Dec. 11 to accept or reject it.The Associated Presslast_img read more

Posted in imhkkemzctboTagged ,,,,Leave a Comment on UK Treasury chief says Brexit will hit the economy