June 21, 2021

Good Hope FC, Henrietta United record wins

first_imgBy Elroy StephneyTHE Essequibo Coast and Pomeroon Football Association (ECPFA)-sponsored senior league tournament resumed in Essequibo with a lone fixture at the Anna Regina Community Centre ground last Saturday.Hosts Good Hope FC took the opportunity to inflict a 6-0 drubbing of Super XI FC in front of a large and vociferous crowd that included GFA Executive member Maxine Stewart.The goal-scoring spree began with former national Under-16 player Dwayne Thomas netting in the 3rd minute with a neatly-timed long range shot that evaded the keeper.His teammate Rovin Latchman then accounted for the second goal in the 18th minute with another skilful display. Goals continued as Delroy Horne found the back of the net in the 26th minute to register one of his two goals in the match.Shawn Sealey then joined the list of goalscorers when he headed a corner accurately into the net to score in the 39th minute. Dwayne Thomas was again among the scorers in the 41st minute to register his second goal with the score at halftime being 5-0.During the second half, Super XI seemed better organised as they sought to regain their confidence and control of ball possession. They fought gallantly and had a few chances.However, in the 64th minute, it was Good Hope’s Delroy Horne who again found the net and sealed a massive victory 6-0 in favour of his team. The officiating referee was Olwin Stewart.The competition continued on Sunday at the same venue with Henrietta United FC gaining a 3-1 triumph against Charity Extreme FC in a thrilling encounter.It was Charity Extreme FC who opened their account with the first strike when Hose Peters headed accurately into the net in the 30th minute as the game was played at a fast pace with good skills emanating from both teams.Henrietta FC seemed stunned and retaliated through the boot of Sheldon Pitt who guided one past the keeper in the 35th minute to score one of his two goals.The game progressed nicely with both teams trading shots until in the 50th minute when Sheldon Pitt hammered in another goal as he proved to be unstoppable.Henrietta United FC then controlled the game at their pace, securing another goal in the 72nd minute off the boot of Devon Romeo to claim a well deserved victory 3-1 in their favour. The officiating referee was Colin Belfield.Meanwhile the competition will resume next weekend with another round of matches at various venues across the Essequibo Coast including at Walton Hall, Mainstay and Charity grounds. (Elroy Stephney)last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *